I have been working hard in the studio on various projects. One is a commission for a friend from high school. It is a large vase with family names, words and significant numbers. He wants to surprise his wife with it for an anniversary gift so I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that all goes well. I found it quite a challenge not only getting all the words on there but also forming the vase without it cracking.
Above is a shot of it drying. Kind of hard to see all the lettering but once it is bisque fired I will stain it to really pop the words. Today it is firing very slowly in the bisque kiln.
I am also trying to get some new work for my galleries finished plus I have started marketing a small item that so far has been a great money maker and am producing a good number of those to fulfill orders.