Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy 2009!

Time to clean up the studio (again!) and get back to work.

I will be the featured clay artist in April at a sweet gallery in Charlotte named
Lark & Key
http://www.larkandkey.com/ So... I am really excited to get creative and make some new pieces.

I have also been commissioned to create awards for the Houston Heights Association "Fun Run". The Heights is a diverse neighborhood with beautiful historic homes and funky new ones mixed together in the heart of downtown. The race is an annual event and they always have an artist create the awards. I have made awards for this a couple of times in the past and am happy that they have asked me again! For those of you who don’t know me I lived in Houston for almost 20 years prior to escaping to North Carolina hence the Texas-NC connection.

During my extended break from clay I have been plotting some new work and hope it will translate from my brain to my hands. I might even do a little throwing! Keep y'all posted (that's a TX thang ;-P )

2 comments:

Jen Mecca said...

Hello!!!!!!!!! Glad you back. Can't wait to see some new stuff! I need more Barbara stuff!jen

barbara chadwick said...

Well, I NEEEEED more Jen stuff!!!!
Happy New Year hope only good things come your way!

xo
b.